Registered user since Tue 17 Jan 2023
Mariana Silva is a Teaching Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Silva is known for her teaching innovations and educational studies in large-scale assessments and collaborative learning. She has participated in two major overhauls of large courses in the College of Engineering: she played a key role in the re-structure of the three Mechanics courses in the Mechanical Science and Engineering Department, and the creation of the new computational-based linear algebra course, which was fully launched in Summer 2021. Silva research focuses on the use of web-tools for class collaborative activities, and on the development of online learning and assessment tools. Silva is passionate about teaching and improving the classroom experience for both students and instructors.
- Evaluating mastery-oriented grading in an intensive CS1 course
- Comparing the Security of Three Proctoring Regimens for Bring-Your-Own-Device Exams
- Exploring Computing Students' Sense of Belonging Before and After a Collaborative Learning Course
- Experiences With Computer-Based Testing (CBT)
- One Solution to Addressing Assessment Logistical Problems: An experience setting up and operating an in-person testing center